Saturday 2 August 2014

My Make Up History! Part 2


All right, so yesterday we left off with the make up I used back in grade seven. Today I will be discussing the products I use now and what I like about them!

Lets Get Started...

These days I like to wear all kind of make up. everything from eyebrow gels to contour, I love it.

So lets start out with my bare face and build on the products I use.

Concealer

I use MAC prolong wear concealer in the shade NC20. This is my favourite high end concealer because it lasts all day and stays where I put it. I use this concealer only under my eyes,  With this concealer, I buy a few shades lighter then my skin so that when I put on my foundation, my eyes don't look dark. they open up and look a lot bigger than what they actually are. This product runs for about $20.00. on the rest of my face, if needed i use the BH Cosmetics concealer palette and I use the second shade. I apply this around my nose, forehead and any blemishes I may have. For this concealer I paid $3.95 ( BH Cosmetics always has wicked deals, everything is always almost 50% off or more!!!)





Foundation!

I don't wear liquid foundation very much but when I do, I just go and buy CoverGirl. I really like their clean line for sensitive skin. I use the shade Buff Beige 225. This products costs anywhere from $8.49 to $9.00



Powder Foundation

After constantly trying many, many brands of powders, I have found my perfect match! It's Revlon Photo Ready in the shade light/medium 020. I don't know if I'll ever use a different powder. This one lasts all day long, looks flawless and has amazing coverage. I use it everyday that I wear make up. this products costs anywhere from $13.00 to $17.00. This is totally worth the money if you want drug store make up with amazing coverage!


So after I complete my foundation I get to work on my eyes. I start off with Urban Decay's eye shadow primer potion which I have found to be quite popular. this product lasts a really long time and it costs $15.00
I change up my eye shadow everyday, it's rarely ever the same. I have a few palettes and single shadows. I won't list them all out but I'll share the ones I used the most back in July.

BH Cosmetics 120 eye shadow palette 4th edition. In this palette I like to use the browns and golds as well as the blues.  I paid $15.95 for this product. Again, BH Cosmetic always has sales on their products so I got 50% off!

 Some other shadows I use are from make up geek. Make up geek is PHENOMENAL! You get high end quality for drug store price! some of the shades I use the most are:


                                                                    Barcelona Beach


                                                                            Corrupt


                                                                          Ice Queen


                                                                       Shimma Shimma

I love these shadows and they all cost $5.99


So after my eye shadow is complete I use Essence Gel Liner in the shade Midnight in Paris 01 this product is $3.99 and although it's cheap, it lasts all day and I never have to touch it up. it stays where I want it to and that's good enough for me. it glides on well and is very pigmented!!

Mascara

I use two mascaras all the time. for my first coat I like to brush through my lashes with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes in the shade black lacquer . This product costs $12.99


For my second and third coat I use Revlon voluminous power collagen mascara. This is by far my favourite mascara. It makes my lashes so long and look so full. I keep buying this product over and over again. It's fantastic and it costs anywhere from $7.99- $9.99

 Eyebrow time!!!

I use BH Cosmetics automatic brow pencil in the shade Blonde. This product costs $2.95. Again, it's on sale. This brow pencil has lasted me so long and a little really does go along way!!

Bronzer

I use Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in the shade light bronze pearl.
this product has just the right amount of shimmer to really give you that healthy sun kissed glow. I apply this to my cheek bones and just above my temples. This product costs $19.99


All right....last but not least lips!

Recently I haven't been adding much colour to my lips I've been keeping it simple with my Nivea Lip Butter in the scent/flavour Raspberry Rose . Wow! this lip butter lasts such a long time! It's not sticky or oily. It' just right. I paid $2.99 or this. Side note... the other scents/flavours available are caramel cream (Omg) and vanilla macadamia (Yum) and just a plain original one. You have to try these lip butters out! They are so fantastic! I rave about them all the time to my friends!

So there you have it! he current make up I use. I hope you guys enjoyed this post. see you soon!

                                                  xoxo-Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment