Friday 1 August 2014

My Make Up History! Part One

So for this post, I really want to talk about my history with cosmetics and how I got started with them and which products I used and how my knowledge has changed over the years and what products I use now.. I want to split this post into part one and part two because i know it will be quite loooong!

  So, Part One! lets get started!

My earliest memory of make up was when I was about five or six years old. I had this pale pink zip up make up case that I LOVED but didn't use often. It was filled with low end cosmetics, like eye shadow, lip gloss, lip stick, blush and Barbie perfume. I didn't really play with the make up because I knew I didn't know how to use it so I just admired it and waited for the day when i could be old enough and smart enough to play with it all properly.

Fast forward seven or eight years and I was in grade 6. This is the year I applied my first coat of mascara!
the second I finished my second eye, I remember stepping back from the mirror and looking at my eye. I remember noticing how much more my eyes "Popped" and how at that very moment, I was hooked on make-up! Sadly make-up was banned at my elementary school, so I only wore mascara on weekends.
Grade seven came and that's where I really got to experiment with make up and figure out what I liked and what I didn't. So, my make up routine. well it consisted of foundation, eye liner, mascara and lip gloss.

Foundation:
Almay Nearly Naked Touch Pad
Now,  this one looks a little different from the one  had, but it is the same thing. the one I had was a good shade darker than my actual skin. I remember I loved applying it, but it wouldn't last very long and I remember it was oily on my skin. now I don't even know if this product is still around, but if it is, I imagine they have changed the formula



Eye Liner:
 I used Rimmel soft kohl. I lined every part of my eye that I could. I rocked the raccoon eye and I  didn't care what anyone thought. I remember it went on smooth and dark which is what I wanted.


 Mascara:
I actually used to use two mascaras, and till this day, I still use two!
The first mascara I ever used was Maybelline Great Lash I LOVED how much product was distributed onto my lashes but I hated how chunky and wet they were so I started going over the first coat with a second mascara, which happened to be Cover Girl professional all in one mascara. I really liked this mascara and how it removed the clumps from my first coat. and it really completed the look I was going for with my lashes beautifully. I did not like using these mascaras by them selves as they did not meet all my needs


And last... but not least..
Lipgloss!
Back in the day I was a huge fan of Lip Smackers and really sweet glosses. so I always opted for super shiny lips or frosty lips and I was able to achieve those looks with Lip Smackers. of course they did not last long on my lips, but at that time, I didn't care. here are my two favourite Lip Smackers glosses that I used in middle school.








And that's that! that's all I used in middle school. I hope you enjoyed this blog post, if you did, then stick around for part two of what products I use now  and what I think about them!  

                                                xoxo-Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment