Friday 28 April 2017

What's in my green smoothie and why you should be drinking it too!



Happy spring all you beautiful butterflies! How nice is this sunshine? I've been missing it since I came home from Costa Rica. I'm so happy the snow is finally gone and my skin is warm again. 

When I think of spring, like most people my first thought is outside. The trees, grass, flowers, baby animals and colour. 

Green is the colour of the season. When I'm outside in April or May my eyes gravitate towards anything and everything green. It's one of the most beautiful and richest colours I've ever seen. I constantly want to bring the beauty of spring into my home. That is where spring cleaning comes in.
Who wants to spend all their time cleaning? 
Not me!

 In my spare time I love to eat and watch some kind of show. During the winter my snacks are carbs and carbs with a side of carbs. In the spring I like to freshen up and eat things that are good for me. Well, I at least like to try because today I had wings for lunch and I'm making pizza tomorrow for dinner....Anyway. Haha. Spring time has always made me more aware of what I'm eating. Maybe because i get to ditch my jackets and sweaters, who knows. 

Like many people, I struggle with eating healthy day in and day out. I love to treat myself and eat heavy and hearty meals. Eating like that doesn't give me much drive or energy to eat my fruits and vegetables so I came up with a smoothie recipe thats is PACKED full of green leafy goodness and it actually tastes amazing. I can't wait to share this with you!!



🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿


Lets get in to this recipe!!!!!! 

So to start, I have a single serve blender. It's cover is also a lid which makes everything you make portable. No transferring into additional cups! Yay! 

1/2 cup of water
2 handfuls of spinach. Stems and all!
2 full length pieces of kale
1 large pinch of parsley 
1 large pinch of coriander/cilantro 
4 large slices of cucumber
1 kiwi
1 banana
1/2 lime
3 large slices of fresh ginger 
1 scoop of ItWorks GREENS 
1 tsp virgin coconut oil

I start with water and add in my spinach and kale. I pulse my blender a few times and then I add in the rest of my ingredients little by little until my smoothie becomes the consistency I like. For a thinner smoothie, add water. To thicken, add an additional banana or avocado.



Each ingredient is optional and this can be modified. I drink this smoothie everyday. And in just two weeks my eyes have been brighter, my skin is clear, it's fresh and it feels great. 

I have had stomach issues for about 2 years now. Pain after everything I eat and experiencing nausea daily. Since drinking this, My stomach has yet to hurt. This smoothie is jam packed with great vitamins and nutrients to get you through the day. You have to try this and tell me what you thought. 

I know green smoothies can be off putting and a little scary, but just try it. Taste as you create and make it your own!


Enjoy!! 
Xxoo - Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment