Sunday 5 November 2017

Life.

You waited your whole life to grow up.
Always wanted to be old enough for this or that.
Wished you were just one year older.
Always.

Now I'm grown.
Is this what I wanted?
for the future, for myrself?
Am I even happy?

I have dreams. I always did.
Where did they go?
I don't even see them when I sleep anymore.
What have you done to yourself?

Is this really my life?
Will I always be crying
so many things I can't change.
So many things I hate.

Joy and laughter.
Distant cousins of mine.
I see them sometimes
But were not that close.

I'm dust on the wall.
Dirt on the rug.
Only an inconvenience
it seems.

They say they love me.
Most days Ibelieve it.
But I'm always alone.
Why am I so alone?

Where did everyone go?
They gave up.
I'm difficult.
No one understands me.

I'm worth nothing.
Work my shit job
and shut up.
No one wants to hear it.

I want more.
How do I get it?
I don't deserve it.
Dreams are for children.

I wanted this.
I wished this.
I asked for this.

Me.

I am responsible for the mess my life has become.


No comments:

Post a Comment