Saturday 14 March 2015

St. Patrick's Day Drinks!



As you know St. Patrick's day is on Tuesday and all that means for a good percent of  adults is "Yes! An excuse to get drunk mid week!" Or maybe I'm the only one saying that? Haha 

Anyway I thought I'd type out a few green drink recipes that I've tried and liked and i hope you enjoy them too. All of these drinks contain alcohol but I will include 1 that  doesn't. So lets get started!

Green Beer

This is so simple to make. slowly pour your beer into a mug and add 4 drops of (obviously) green food colouring. Voila. Done. Just me mindful when drinking anything with food colouring, there is a chance your teeth will be tinged green!





Mixed Drinks

So this one is simple too and requires any type of clear alcohol and clear, yellow, or green mix. I'd choose vodka and 7-Up and add in my food colouring, but this will work with Malibu rum, patron, or even white wine!

 

Vodka Slime 

Another easy drink to make is this one. All you need is cherry vodka and frozen lime juice mix. I always purchase the minute made brand and make the juice while its still frozen. I mix the vodka and water with the juice and continue to stir until the juice has completely blended with the water and vodka. I only do this so the drink is cold and no one has to wait for it. Half a cup to one cup of vodka will be more than enough for this drink, depending on how strong you like your drinks.



 Green Wine 

Grab your favourite white wine, poor a glass and add a few drops of food colouring. I always find this fun to drink, especially in a wine glass. I always feel weirdly sophisticated and extremely fun all at once. if you like white wine, you really can't go wrong with this.

Green Apple Sangria

By far my favourite drink is this one. Grab a pitcher, slice up some cucumbers, green apples, Kiwi, and grapes. throw them into the pitcher with one or two bottles of Barefoot Moscato. (Depending on the size of your pitcher) Add in either club soda or 7-Up and a splash of triple sec or green apple vodka, maybe some food colouring and garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!



Non Alcoholic Sangria 

 In a large pitcher add in 7-Up, frozen minute maid lime juice, slices of apple, kiwi, grapes, and cucumbers, add a splash of lime grenadine, stir and enjoy!



So like I said earlier, I've tried and loved each one of these drinks and I really hope you do too! If you try any of these you HAVE to let me know what you think!

Remember to always drink responsibility and have a great St. Patrick's Day!

                                                    xxoo -  Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment